Please see below information on for Canada Summer Job Applications. The deadline to apply is January 25th, 2019.
If this is the kind of information you would like to receive through email on a regular basis please call Victoria at the Town Hall to have your email added to the correspondence list.
CANADA SUMMER JOBS APPLICATION PROCESS OPEN
Beginning on December 17, 2018, Canada Summer Jobs applications are available at Service Canada Centres and online at https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/canada-summer-jobs/before-apply.html.
Applications must be submitted by January 25, 2019. Employers will be able to complete and submit their applications online, by mail or in person (note that faxed and emailed applications are not accepted).
For online applications, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/canada-summer-jobs/before-apply.html. There are two online application processes available, and applicants are strongly encouraged to apply to the Canada Summer Jobs program using Employment and Social Development Canada’s (ESDC) Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS). If you are new to this service visit https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/gcos/register.html for more information.
To support employers, the Canada Summer Jobs Applicant Guide for 2019 will also be available online at the start of the application period. This guide provides instructions on filling out an application, eligibility requirements, and assessment criteria. It is available at https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/canada/employment-social-development/services/funding/CSJ2019_applicant_guide.pdf.
There have been several changes to the Canada Summer Jobs program for 2019 to make sure it better serves all Canadians, including:
- Fewer barriers to quality jobs: expanded eligibility to include all youth between the ages of 15-30 who are legally entitled to work in Canada – not just students.
- Made it easier to apply for funding: application for funding can now be done online through Service Canada’s Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS).
- Made it easier for youth to connect with employers: all approved jobs will now automatically get posted to our improved Job Bank website and app, increasing the pool of potential candidates and easing the hiring process.
- Made changes to the eligibility criteria: eligibility criteria have been changed to set out what is and isn’t eligible for funding and we’ve reflected those changes in the funding agreement.
- Updated the national priorities that CSJ supports: as a society Canadians are ever changing and our national priorities reflect that.
- Implementing a mandatory employer and employee survey: the data collected will allow us to improve the program.
Additional information on Canada Summer Jobs is available online at https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/canada-summer-jobs.html?utm_campaign=not-applicable&utm_medium=vanity-url&utm_source=canada-ca_canada-summer-jobs.