Badger's Quay

Badger’s Quay, Newfoundland & Labrador is a part of the Municipality of New-Wes-Valley. Badger’s Quay is located on Bonavista Bay, it had a population of 611 in 1956 (was referred to as Badger’s Bay in early census data). Badger’s Quay is not to be confused with the town of Badger, an inland lumbering community which was named after a river that was thought to flow into Badger’s Bay.

Early Settlement: This area was visited by land-based seal fishermen and inshore cod fishermen from the late 18th century to the early 19th century. Settlement in the area began on Fool’s Island (now known as Pool’s Island), when the first settlers were English fishermen who came to the area in the early 19th century via Bonavista.

Amenities Include:

  • Blue Mist Motel
  • CMS Motel
  • The Main Drag Gas Station
  • Western Petroleum
  • Sweet Delights
  • Terry Gill – Sunlife Financial
  • W & W Winter Foodland
  • Kittiwake House B&B