Pound Cove, Newfoundland & Labrador is a part of the Municipality of New-Wes-Valley. Pound Cove is located north of Wesleyville. In 1884, Pound Cove was listed as ‘Punch Cove’ with a population of 106. It was inhabited by people from Flowers Island and Pinchard’s Island. Pound Cove was settled during the Labrador fishery and by 1890 there were 114 people living there; 68 of them were members of the Church of England.
In 1899, a Church of England school was built and served as a chapel in Pound Cove as well. A Methodist school-chapel was built in 1908; a school was not built until 1948. In 1901, the population had slightly increased to 168 with 89 Church of England members, 65 Methodists, and 14 members of the Salvation Army.
In 1992, Pound Cove joined with the town of Wesleyville. Since 1992 the community has been a part of the Town of New-Wes-Valley.
- Beothic Arena Stadium
- Carter’s Dairy & Convenience Gas Bar
- Ricks Service Centre
- Notre Dame Castle Building Supplies